Tuesday, August 25, 2015

To Fight or Vanish?

Relationships are about the fight. The burning flame of desire and the foundation you've created cannot be built without fight. I'm not talking about arguments or even words really. I'm talking about the passionate need you have to keep a relationship alive. I find that when everything comes crashing down, people tend to vanish. I always hear the line "if it was meant to be, this wouldn't have happened." But when are things ever easy in any relationship? Do things just come naturally or are we ought to fight for these connections? I used to believe that if a relationship came naturally it was supposed to work out, but how do you get through those hard times without any practise? The only relationship I've experienced that managed to stay alive for so long was one that I woke up every morning fighting for. He moved to another country, his culture was completely different, and his family never accepted me, but all I had to do was see his face and everything felt okay. Now, I'm not saying we should enter relationships expecting to wear chain-mail and wave swords, but does easy outweigh the distraught? In a society where everyone takes the laziest option, can a foundation even be built? How can trust be earned if you're not fighting to show how you feel? I think to have a deep longing for someone is the only way I can explain this fight. You're stomach sets flight and you're nerves rise with the butterflies. It's not a negative fight. It's giving someone what they want, despite the repercussions. It's compromising. It's honesty. The fight is the survival. In a world of distrust, when did we become so trusting of vanishing as an answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment