Monday, August 17, 2015

A Bedroom Education

We're graded on everything we do. And judgement is society's grading system. Our education, work, clothes, friends, family, and sex are all judged. When we have a special someone over and things end in the bedroom are we being graded? B-, A+, Fail, or worse - an incomplete? When we let down our most intimate barriers, are we being judged? And on the other side - are we the judges of them? Do we rank or sort our previous sexual relationships? I find myself imagining the better times, but have I ever demoted a partner because of their skills in bed? And how do we know if we're not the issue? I don't think I've ever ended something because their lack of, but I've probably compared. Actually, I know I've compared. I suppose we all rank because it's our nature to sought after a reliable and sexually promising mate. It's in our blood. But when did grading sex wind it's way into our blood. It still remains; What would be our own grade? Where do we sit on the scale? And how do we know if we're good in bed?

No comments:

Post a Comment