Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Fluctuating Wings

Love exists. I've felt it, we all have. Even if it's a little love for ourselves. The thing with love is that eventually it fluctuates; it grows and fades and possibly the cycle begins again - if you're lucky. It reminds me of a butterfly soaring through the wind, their wings flutter from side to side as they swoop up and down, but a flight can't last forever. I think the fight that butterflies put up with during their journey is real love. The love that pushes through into a new beginning. I think what prevents us from experiencing this flight is denial. We deny our love. We deny our need for affection. We deny that we can finally settle down because of doubts. We doubt, I doubt, that the person I'm with is it. Because who knows? Regardless of all the confusion, love can exist, as long as we stop denying or at least accept our denial. Doubts are natural, they show us how good things are. Even if it's from a quick look in the mirror that sets off a small flutter in our stomachs - even if we try to love ourselves, we will doubt it. Because everything fluctuates.

No comments:

Post a Comment