Sunday, August 30, 2015

Romantic Torture

Falling in love is exciting at first. The hyperactive emotions and passionate touches, it all starts beautifully. It can conquer any other feeling. It can wipe history clean. It can birth adventure. It can even turn moments into hours. Falling in love is precious, but whats overlooked is the fragility love embraces once the excitement ends. You realize love isn't a line connected by two dots, but the dots are multiplied and they spin a web. Each moment has led to where we are. Each moment brought you there - in front of the person you love - and left you wondering how. And why? Why me? Why pick me? Why love me? And these moments layer together, they are the triggers of all your questions. Our past determines our future, especially when it comes to relationships. But what determined our past? What caused our first love? Moments? Memories? Emotions? Falling in love is exhilarating at first. Even in the middle, the plot is electrifying. You share lightning, stars, sunsets, thunder. And you'll always share a hello and final goodbye. When your hands drift apart for the last time, you want those moments to be remembered. All the passion. I want to revisit the feeling of love, the conquering of emotions, the deletion of history, and the birth of adventure. I want to be remembered for my lightning, my stars, my sunsets, and my thunder; all the emotions conjoined. Love is exciting at first, but becomes beautifully tragic in the end. Despite all the webs that I've clung to, leaving was always the most romantic torture - you know you're in love, but you know there's better.

No comments:

Post a Comment