Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Tears

Tears. What do they resemble? Pain? Happiness? Love?... Almost every feeling can be displayed with tears so why is it that we relate them with sadness? Don't get me wrong, most of the tears I have shed are associated with grief however I'm not one to cry when I'm overwhelmed with happiness. Another thing - Why do tears hurt when they stream down your face? The scientific answer would be that the salt in your body's excretion of tears irritates your skin but why do they really hurt? I think they deliver pain because tears are a symbol of our limit. We have finally become so full of an emotion that we can not possibly create anymore. This causes pain and maybe even fear for some. Tears are beautiful really, so delicate that if you touch one it disappears. Tears are liquid crystal in a way. Full of passion but easily manipulated.




No comments:

Post a Comment