Saturday, January 19, 2013

Birthdays

Birthdays. A much dreaded word in my mind. You get a year older, a year has left you and you'll never get it back so... why not celebrate?! Whoever invented the birthday party should have REALLY thought it through a little more, but I'm sure they were just looking for a reason to have fun. Doesn't it bother you that we congratulate people for losing a precise year? Time is something that we can't escape so why do we remind ourselves every year that it's never on our side? Really, birthdays shouldn't even be allowed to be announced. Another year has slipped right out of my lungs and unfortunately my only birthday gifts this year were more wrinkles and a stunt to my growth. I so can't wait for next year! Happy birthday to me...


No comments:

Post a Comment