Sunday, January 6, 2013

Blind Spot

I think it's funny how we remember only the best in certain people. We forget all the pain they put us through just to see them in a better light. Thats when we break the honesty, in that moment when we sugarcoat what we see. We become clouded by the feeling we get, the butterflies. You become overwhelmed with fear of losing this feeling that you pretend you don't see what you do. Even when it's so clearly presented, right in front of us we continue to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Focused on purely the brightness when we are surrounded by darkness. I've fallen for a certain someone who put me through everything and I was completely invested while he, well, was not. The whirl of emotions and constant confusion was appealing to start of with, but as it progressed, became irritating and complicating. It took me a year to wake up and realize what was going on; I put all of his flaws into my blind spot. Why do we make ourselves think that we can settle for less than happiness? We all deserve someone who has lovable flaws. To each his own right?


No comments:

Post a Comment