Monday, January 21, 2013

Realism and Lies

I grew up on a strict diet of realism and lies. I always kept to myself to insure I'd never have to take on that diet with anyone else. I always believed isolation was the answer but I've become aware that it's difficult to make bonds when you have that mind set. Dishonesty is something I've recently had a hard time digesting. People who you once trusted can, at any moment, take off their mask and show the true monster that has always been in hiding. I guess I never truly believed in monsters until that day, the day I realized most my life has been a complete lie. I wonder if I'll ever be able to trust anyone again, or even get close, and perhaps thats why I'm a dreamer. I can distance myself from everything and create picture-perfect scenes in my head without any regard for reality. I assume the diet didn't take very well, but I'm glad it didn't. Somethings are meant to be rejected and maybe those rejections will some day lead to NEW "acceptions".


No comments:

Post a Comment