Saturday, March 28, 2015

"Find Yourself"

"Find yourself." I hear this often. What does it mean? Do I attempt to embody a confident version of myself? Or is the journey more of an external one? In all honesty, I've used this excuse as a break-up line. Yes, shameful and witless, at the time I just needed a reason. However, I think the reason behind why I and many other people break up with their partners is because they actually don't know who they are yet. How can you know someone else when you don't know yourself. You can be eleven, twenty-six, or even eighty-five and still not know who you are. I agree, its simple to narrow the path, but to find an exact person that fits your being like a puzzle piece slipping into place is rare. To me, finding yourself is a lifelong adventure. Its embracing the external, internal, and every possible angle you are made up of. Sometimes people run away from their troubles and flee to a new life. Some travel the world, meditate in their backyards, or spend more time with their kids. Some people go about their day and don't worry about who they are. I've decided that as opposed to running away, meditating, and pretending it doesn't matter I will write. I will write because each word flowing from my fingers is a part of me, whether I like it or not. I will write because I will find myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment