Thursday, January 1, 2015

Spontaneous

Sometimes I wonder what the highest level of commitment is. Marriage? Love? Rings? How does it all evolve? Does dating escalate to love than marriage? Is it a step-by-step process like paint by numbers? Maybe our society puts so much emphasis on marriage being the next step, but in reality its a christian religion that people pursue for the wrong reasons. When I first fell in love I thought it was the highest level of emotional commitment and I just wanted to be happy. I think over time you realize that sometimes love isn't enough. As the Beatles say, 'Love is all you need,' but maybe theres more. Sorry guys. Similar values, interests, and even agreeing on movies to watch comes into account. Hoe does it even happen? Love just happens. Thats the problem. One day you're liking one another, the other you fall in love. People always says its a process but for me it just happens. Why? Maybe marriage will be the same? Maybe it'll just happen? One day I'll just decide to get married. On the spot. Spontaneous. Totally NOT me. Who am I anyways? A romantic? Boring? Book-smart? Award-oriented? Awkward? Maybe. But not spontaneous. And maybe thats a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment