Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Red and Falling

What does growing up feel like? What does it look like? Is it maturing from a child to an adult or is it a physical development? People always tell me I'm not a grown up but what is it? How do we identify this maturity? I have a job, budget my lifestyle, hold solid relationships (sometimes), and put up with immature people. Sounds pretty grown up. But I'm not. I'm somewhere in the middle, finding my way like a fallen leaf in the stage between green and brown - a bold red. Prehaps growing up is like a colour spectrum; bright and vivid. You begin with green, flourishing under your parents' foundation and as you pull away from your roots the journey begins. Orange and yellow; the awkward teenage years. Red; the transition from leaving your past, supported life and finding your own. Ember; againg from a youthful being to a worn and wise individual. And finally brown; the wrinkles and tired fingers set in, a life has been lived. Maybe my life isn't about the objective terms of immature or mature, its about the shift from one colour to the next. We're all just falling leaves, twirling to a brittle fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment