Monday, December 24, 2012

Sleep vs Dreams

Sleep; a distant parallel universe that allows all of our hopes and dreams to become real. Turning our memories into fiction. Right before I fall asleep I wish for everything I'd like to happen to come to life. Sometimes my dreams and my life blur into one. I've never understood why we think of what we want to happen to make ourselves tired. Does it take that much energy to create a concept where our dreams are reality? Sleep is a funny thing, it's quite deceiving. It's similar to giving someone who is thirst-stricken an ounce of water and not a drop more. It's almost as though sleep leads us on. Sleep and dreams are completely separate ideas. Sleep is just a necessary aspect of life but dreaming, that's something that keeps every human being alive inside. Keeps our hopes alive. It almost, in some ways, allows us to maintain sanity. Dreams may be disappointing at times however everyone needs to be let down in life to understand balance. Sleep is a portal for dreams. Sleep is the tunnel and our dreams are the light. The light that keeps us going.


No comments:

Post a Comment