Thursday, December 20, 2012

Secrets

Are secrets better concealed or revealed? Once again, is honesty really the best policy? If we all hold the ability to hurt someone with a forbidden secret is it better to tell the truth? I've never really understood why people give honesty a golden throne. In my experiences the truth has -for the most part- created more problems then what it originated from. I mean, to be honest, I have kept secrets from certain people because some things are best left unsaid. However, I believe that if you're able to tell someone a relationship-threatening secret you know that this person is someone you need to keep in your life. In person, I've never been good with words, but when I sit down and think it all through I'm able to figure out what I'm thinking-which for most teenagers is one of the most difficult things ever. It's almost as difficult as acing calculus. But, when I sit down and word all these emotions and make sense of them, its the best time to decide whether a secret worth keeping is a secret worth exposing.

No comments:

Post a Comment