Sunday, January 24, 2016

Inner Dialogue

Our inner dialogue says a lot about us. Everything we are is contained in our thoughts. We're contained. But sometimes when the restriction isn't on our thoughts but how we express them to the world, the barrier blurs. I can tell myself anything - it's natural, because there's no control. But are we ever going to be this organic with someone else? Can I say everything in my head or should I put on my filter? If I want someone to like me, shouldn't the filter be unnecessary? Or is the real me the one I am around people? Which personality am I?

- The innocent girl I act around parents?
- The party girl who clubs?
- The nerd who studies?
- The Star Wars geek?
- The lost musician?
- The broken one?
- The runner?

Who am I? Who are you? Are we the person that we show the world the most? Are we a combination of these aliases? All I know is that the thoughts that stream together in my mind feel raw - they feel real. But what happens when my mind pulls me down? Is that negativity a part of me? Is it part of my make up? Where do these aspects come from?

Wouldn't it be soothing to know exactly who you were? When you're the realest? I think it would make picking partners, careers, friends, and even movie choices easier. I think if we knew who we were life's struggles wouldn't exist. And honestly, that's what living is for. Getting through the tough times to understand the bad. With every storm there's a clear sky. And with still water, there's a ripple. Somewhere. Maybe not knowing who we are only increases our chances of finding ourselves. When we get those waves of self-knowledge, they are more appreciated if we don't know who we are. And we can also identify our bad moments, the ones that are so far from ourselves - so far from the truth. With every stained drop of water, the next one is always clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment