Tuesday, September 22, 2015

You Don't Need Music to Dance

Sometimes you don't need music to dance. Sometimes you don't need words to express feelings. Sometimes you don't need to make the right decisions for the right outcomes. Sometimes you don't need to be loved to love. Sometimes. Sometimes things just happen. A lasting glance. A longing smile. I've said before that maybe one night is enough, but what if it isn't? What if you want that shoulder to cry on? I've grown up so fixated on hating love, but I recently remembered hate is so closely related to love. I think I've fallen in love with love. As for now, my heart doesn't have a person for which it desires. But if I happen to dance, express feelings, and tumble upon the right outcomes? What if I happen to fall in love? Will I revert to my old ways and push away the feeling? Will I build up the walls like I always do? Will I end a relationship because I've fallen in love? Again. How many hearts do I have to break to rebuild my own? I've been pretending I want something meaningless, "something casual." But all my heart wants is to finally be in love. I don't want to be afraid to fall anymore. I want to let things happen. I want to feel. I finally want to bask in the breeze and feel the freedom of admitting my emotions. I do not want to continue along this straight path. I do not want to hide. I will tear down my walls - brick by brick - and breathe. I wonder what the other side will feel like? Will the colours be more vibrate like everyone says? Will the birds chirp and the sky stain with harmonious hues? I may never end up with Prince Charming, but if I can dance without music, I know I've found love.

No comments:

Post a Comment