Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Connect or Compromise?

Meshing. We all search for someone we mesh with, but is meshing even a real form of interaction? And can any two people connect in such a way, in which their entire personality clicks with someone else's. Is that what meshing means? Clicking? If so, how can two personalities adhere to one another when every single person is unique? - no two are the same. Perhaps we can deliberate over the dividing of souls, where each person is gifted with one half of a soul and is destined to find their missing piece. But then, the two individuals are brought up in different ways, altering who they are, even if its just on the surface level of identity. I think my issue is waiting for someone I mesh with, someone I click with. Don't get me wrong, the initial connection has been there before but it depletes as time goes on. Can a connection hold strong over time or are we doomed to it fading? A sunny day can only last so long, eventually the sky drapes in stars and clouds - the darkness upholds it's reigns. Can a relationship flee this cyclical nature or are we to abide the same fate? Maybe its time we update the definition of meshing? Maybe we don't need to click, maybe we need to combine two personalities into one, maybe we need to compromise? The sparks will fade, but learning to agree may actually secure a relationship. Maybe it can even form a foundation for future sparks. My soul may or may not be a half of someone else's, but does that mean I'll never mesh? Theres only one way to find out. But I think people need to remember that compromising is not the same as forcing something to work. I've connected, but have I compromised? 

No comments:

Post a Comment