Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Breaking Up: A Deep Depressing End

Breakups are hard, and usually if you're the one initiating it, the guilt penetrates so far deep down that you want to pretend you aren't about to say what you want. Avoiding the situation may seem possible at the time and it may be all you want however the end is inevitable; especially if you think about it. Perhaps the problem with breaking up is that there is never a word that feels less depressing but creates the same closure as "break-up." I have, for the most part, been the one initiating the end of a relationship and it is truly a difficult thing, so delicate and even the nicest way of putting it can sound cruel. I think what happens when you fall in love is that breaking up is not even an option so does that mean I was never in love? Does that mean everything I had with one guy is less than he or I thought? When you're in love do you ever want to end it?

No comments:

Post a Comment