Sunday, November 8, 2015

Paths

I stayed on my path
Looking for hopeful days
That was until I saw your face
The light, your eyes
Met mine
A moment in time
Stuck in the light

A glance in the kitchen
A smile in your room
Two fingers touch, no more
The spark, it tore
My wall cracked
Wanting you
But for you too?

I stopped this path
Aching from my past
Your light, drew me
But, theres always another she
I stopped
We're friends
And I hit send

Heart dropped fast
I wanted this to last
Your warmth so secure
So pure, your intent
But I turned away
In fear of pain
And then, the tears came

I took it back
Returned to your path
Captivated by your heart
Craved your light, your eyes
Strong arms and mind
Wise soul
A soul worth the fight
I will fight my past

Our clothes on the floor
Our bodies want more
My curves piece together with yours
We move, beat by beat
Your rhyme finds me
I fade into a reality worth the terror
I fade into our path

No comments:

Post a Comment