Saturday, February 23, 2013

Faced With Reality

I'm a dreamer; plain and simple, but what happens when a dreamer is faced with reality? The fictional story line I once starred has become a dry, non fiction memoir. Someone close to me has recently opened my eyes to a new way of thinking, a new way of living. Unfortunately I am incapable of saying how I feel and I have become limited in how I can open up, but honestly, I've always had trouble with that. However, dreaming is something I am good at, but maybe too good. I slip into this unrealistic world that prevents me from feeling pain and loss, and in some ways it's helpful but in other cases it restricts us from seeing what's right there, in front of our eyes. I wish dreamers had the courage to say how they felt but unfortunately we continue to thrive in an imaginary world forcing people to the side lines. But what if there was one person that could change this world? Could change how we see everything and everyone? Would we be willing to sacrifice our fictional story line for one person?


No comments:

Post a Comment